Pace Chicken Mama

Hi, still trying to understand how to use the site. No, not yet. Looking but have mixed feelings on what to do at this point. Spoke to a local who took some young pullets out of a bad situation. He has been treating them for upper respiratory and thinks things are fine. As much as I would like to help by rehoming them not sure from my research that it is a good idea. Read where they can be healed from respiratory but can be lifelong carriers. Any ideas about that? The young fellas I bought the leghorns from won't have any more for a month or so and they will be younger than I want to deal with. So I am looking...
Definitely don't take birds with respiratory problems, that can lead to more headaches than you ever want to deal with

I found some! 13 week old barred rock and golden comets. Supposed to pick them up this afternoon.
Here they are! The new babies. Four weeks older than the last bunch and all brown egg layers (my preference). Discussed the roo situation with the man I purchased them from. He said I should not have any roos in the bunch but would happily trade if there were. As you can see from the pics they weren't too happy about being moved. VERY skittish. The barred rock whose photo shows she was behind wire was in time out for her aggressive behavior. Have to slowly get them accustomed to me and each other. Right now they (the barred rocks) aren't agreeing to be sociable with the comets at all. They all look healthy AND female to me... lol... He has 9 of these beautiful barred rocks left to sell out of this brood. Will definitely refer to him if anyone is looking for healthy chicks.

Attachments

• New barred rock 3.jpg
    New barred rock 3.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 2
  • 3 new comets.jpg
    3 new comets.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2 new comets.jpg
    2 new comets.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 3
  • New barred rock 1 & 2.jpg
    New barred rock 1 & 2.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 3
Here they are! The new babies. Four weeks older than the last bunch and all brown egg layers (my preference). Discussed the roo situation with the man I purchased them from. He said I should not have any roos in the bunch but would happily trade if there were. As you can see from the pics they weren't too happy about being moved. VERY skittish. The barred rock whose photo shows she was behind wire was in time out for her aggressive behavior. Have to slowly get them accustomed to me and each other. Right now they (the barred rocks) aren't agreeing to be sociable with the comets at all. They all look healthy AND female to me... lol... He has 9 of these beautiful barred rocks left to sell out of this brood. Will definitely refer to him if anyone is looking for healthy chicks.
Ahhh.... correction. I said the chicks were four weeks older but the other ones were 7 weeks, not 9 so these are 6 weeks older at 13 weeks. So it shouldn't be but a few more weeks? before they lay their first tiny pullet eggs...

Ahhh.... correction. I said the chicks were four weeks older but the other ones were 7 weeks, not 9 so these are 6 weeks older at 13 weeks. So it shouldn't be but a few more weeks? before they lay their first tiny pullet eggs...
You shouldn't have to wait too much longer before they start laying. :)

Back
Top Bottom