Pacific Northwest Poultry Association double show, Salem, OR Oct 13-14, 2012

Hi all, I just got me entry confirmation yesterday and there were 13 other cc'd on the email so hopefully you will be getting confirmations soon. I mailed mine on the 27th so if you mailed it before then I wouldn't worry.
I actually got mine yesterday as well! Wasn't expecting it
lol.png

Oh, panic now! I am a big believer in panicking early and panicking often. Allows me to hit my target heart rate at least two to three times a day. That is supposed to be good for you, right??!!
ep.gif

Sheila :)
Oh, I love bright side -- I am just getting my exercise =:~)

Will it make me less 'fluffy'.... ?

k/

O M G
Soooooo much to do

sooooo not ready

Can I panic NOW or am I too late!!!!!

k/

I get to panic way more than u....... Our best silkie (which I had entered) went broody last week so we had to sub a decent cockeral I have, now my next best pullet (which is entered as well) was acting pre broody this morning!!!!!! i TOOK HER BUTT AND THREW HER OUT OF THE COOP AS FAST AS I COULD AND LOCKED HER IN MY GARDEN AREA FOR THE DAY AWAY FROM THE COOP..... Well c if it worked..... I don't have anything else in show condition to sub for her right now as many of my girls just got done hatching eggs......
barnie.gif
Always happens with silkies right...... 1 goes broody, they all go broody....... Its the first time for these pullets though so I was caught off guard with them..... Lol
I win I get to panic more!!!!
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
I still have not gotten a confirmation from my boss that I will have the weekend off but I have a backup plan if I can't get it off...... "*cough* *cough*, sorry boss, I caught the bug that has been going around work and *cough* can't make it in today and I feel horrible so I might miss tomorrow too *cough* *cough*"

Hey guys, I am coming to the show! I will have some sale birds with me, and some that I will bring only if reserved ahead of time (because it means I have to bring a different vehicle)
  • 2010 embden pair from Holderreads. Female has single lobe but bred them in 2011 and 2012 and didn't even get one single lobed bird ----Pending. These are HUGE and not like the embdens from a hatchery. Very gentle geese, almost as quiet as my dewlap toulouse. They are both very heavy birds- I picked up, tagged, and wormed them today and it is like picking up a large toddler.
  • 2011 embden male with 2012 female: 2011 males from 2010 pair, 2012 females directly from Holderreads. ----Pending Males are massive!
Pictures of all embdens here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.497262656958109.116285.100000231368108&type=1&l=66c23533f8 All Embdens Pending!

• Sebastopol females $150
Pictures of sebastopols here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.497258206958554.116283.100000231368108&type=1&l=b0684ccc51

• Large Fowl Cochin: Blue cock from Heidi Hykelma and black hen from Robert Anderson $100 pair or can sub blue male for black cockerel from Jamie Matts of NY $100 Jamie Matts helped me pick this male from a show cage in the spring. I lost my best black cochin hen recently and decided to try to find someone else who seriously wants to work with them as these are quality birds.
  • various silkies PQ and BQ.
  • Silkies: Will have some nice bodied black females available that are very nice and must be prepurchased to come, otherwise I will be listing them on poultrybid later in October. May be willing to provide a decent cockerel to someone looking to get an excellent start. These are definite little fatties!

Last edited:
[COLOR=800080]I bought a Motorhome so that I could stay on site at dog shows, so a Suburban doesn't seem so weird to me!! [/COLOR] :D

[COLOR=800080]Sheila :)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]Click on photo to enlarge.  Sorry, she was a bit dirty, in this photo, but I love her just the same.  LOL!![/COLOR]

I used to show dogs also. Then I showed cats (TICA). Do you still show dogs? What breed(s)? I showed Pomeranians and Havanese. We really didn't need to buy a Suburban. What I really wanted was a canopy for one of our pick ups but since I couldn't find a used one, it was going to cost $1000. We wouldn't use it often so instead we spent $3K on a whole vehicle we probably won't use very often..... go figure. I think the burban will be great for the shows and the chickens will have the benefit of heat or a/c.

Back
Top Bottom