pacing duckling

pekinrideaux123

In the Brooder
May 25, 2020
Moncton New Brunswick Canada
our duckling recently just got a new “home”, (just keeping it as a pet) and it seems like all shes doing in this new cage/home is pacing and walking back and forth along the wall trying to find a way out and pecking at the metal on the cage. i dont know if shes just not used to it (the last home was glass). shes also only 6 days old! sorry guys very new to this stuff ! any help would be appreciated! image.jpg

Does she have any other ducklings with her, or is it only her? If she's all alone, she may be desperately trying to find her flock.
she is alone:/ i thought of that aswell, if we pull her out, shell snuggle up with us and be completely fine! i am debating the idea of getting another one and debating hard i am haha. at the moment, she is sleeping, she will calm down but it seems like it occupies her and it might intrude her growth and nutrition.

Last edited:
other duckling it is! you guys have made my mind up for me! is there anything i could do in advance or to prevent then from possibly not getting along? i.e ( breed, age, gender...)
@Isaac 0

Try to get one around his age, and you may be able to just toss the other duckling in there and see how they get along, a little pecking at first may be expected, but if its start to get a little out of hand, you'll need to separate them, so they can see each other but can't touch.

Back
Top Bottom