Pack and play brooder with crib tent; and other new chick thoughts!

I warped the bottom in waterproof plastic before i popped it back into the set up! Poured the horse pellets on top and kept on rolling!

You inspired me to emerge from lurkdom and write. What a great idea! Today I dug around in a far back corner of a thrift store for mine and am already planning it out. I love that I will be able to pack it up until next time it's needed. Okay, little chickies, I'm looking for you!

This is absolutely brilliant! Would this work for 15 chicks until they no longer need the heat lamp? Or will I need two PNPs and two heat lamps?

:barnie

I just recently gave away my daughters old Pack-n-Play. It even had a slide out screen for sun protection (flat, not so tent-like).
I didn't even think about using it for chicks! I wonder if my cousin would be mad if I asked for it back, her new baby doesn't need it so much (just kidding...but not really :oops: ).

It looks fantastic
1f60f.png

barnie.gif

I just recently gave away my daughters old Pack-n-Play. It even had a slide out screen for sun protection (flat, not so tent-like).
I didn't even think about using it for chicks! I wonder if my cousin would be mad if I asked for it back, her new baby doesn't need it so much (just kidding...but not really
hide.gif
).

It looks fantastic
1f60f.png

HAHAHAHA! Good luck getting that back. I found one at a garage sale yesterday and am in the process of setting it up for the 5 week olds right now. Coop still not secure. *bad chick momma* Getting there though.

Now where did I put that roll of plastic?

They are my brooder of choice too. i haven't found the need for the tent on top though, but i brood mine in a shed away from the house.

16494_september_09_012.jpg
Did you put anything on the sides of the brooder? Thinking of using a portacot as well since we no longer need ours. What did you put on the bottom? Could they fly out?

Back
Top Bottom