Pack of coyotes circling the coop last night...

Would that stop chew spray for dogs work with coyotes if you sprayed it on the part they tried to chew open?

Quote:
My guess is they may even like the taste of the stop chew make them work faster at chewing their way into the coop.

Get a silencer Shoot them!
somad.gif

Quote:
My guess is they may even like the taste of the stop chew make them work faster at chewing their way into the coop.

somad.gif

hehe can I dump 6-8 coyote carcasses on your property... We actually have a friend who is obsessed with guns, he does have a silencer...
There are so many coyotes on Cape, I feel like more would just come, all the time...more and more and more ugh.

they wouldn't really chew through solid wood to get at the chickens would they? DH is a carpenter, he didn't skimp on the amount of wood he used making it secure. At the time I thought he was nuts because it made the whole thing really heavy but now I am going to give him a kiss for being so thorough.

Quote:

somad.gif

Yikes. Don't try the spray!
I've heard that you can get a dog to urinate near your run it works. Never tried it though.

Well we have a dog who pees all over the property and TBH I feel like that has generally kept them directly out of the yard, but apparently chicken is more powerful than dog piss...

Honestly coyotes are SO prevalent here that I think animal control would just be like WTH did you call us? Where would we put them!?

I'm going to make DH put steel plating all around the coop...of course during the summer it will actually cook the birds but hey no coyotes!

Back
Top Bottom