Package left on Porch

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by LV426, Nov 11, 2008.

1. LV426

LV426 Chillin

Jul 16, 2008
    So yesterday I came home and there was a box on my front porch. I thought it was a shower curtain I had ordered so I opened the front door and kicked the box inside since my hands were full. Well as soon as I kicked the box I heard claws scrabbling on cardboard. So I picked up the box and carefully cut the tape off and opened the box and a little black head poked up and looked around.

[​IMG]

So now I have a new pet. Just wish I knew who left me a live present in a box like that. There weren't even any holes in the box.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    how horrible, yet wonderful. that is a lovely rabbit. wish he was left on my porch! not in such a manner, though!

3. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Wow I bet you were surprised. Someone knew you would care for it. . [​IMG]

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Awww! What a pretty bunny! Shame on whoever left it on your porch that way. Glad it survived. Your kitty doesn't seem to mind it to much. [​IMG]

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    aw how cute.. i saved a rabbit just like that one 2 years ago.. someone had let her loose and she was on the high way scared to death from all the cars and trucks

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I just can't believe people do that...ugh. [​IMG]

But, congrats on the new addition, if you plan on keeping it. [​IMG]

7. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Thats not a mutt rabbit, its a Mini rex and although popualr, not allot of breeders around in one spot. I bet if you put the word out you are looking for a mini rex, you will find the owner of that rabbit.
    Also look in his/her left ear.. if there is a tattoo.. you will know who it came from.

8. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Thats sad that someone would abandon it but at least they dropped it on the right doorstep [​IMG]

9. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, I got a duck-in-a-box this week. It must be that time of year when people's impulsively purchased Easter pets become just too inconvenient for them to care for...

Duck-in-a-box was rehomed to a person who had posted a newspaper ad that she needed a duck because the one she had was lonely. How perfect was that...

Anyway, good luck with the cute 'lil bunny.

10. NurseELB

NurseELB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

I would have played more with a duck-in-a-box, or bunny-in-a-box as a child than my Jack-in-the-Box!!

BTW- The word is out, the neighbors know y'all are good animal folk! watch out for more boxes (hehehehe) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by