Packaging hatching eggs well !

Quote:
I always get broken eggs when shipped in a carton. The eggs should be bubble wrapped twice, and then suspended in crumpled news paper. Or secured in bubble wrap on the bottom top and sides. I prefer the later.

One shipper sent me eggs wrapped once in thin bubble but in a thin bubble bag and then loosely in the box. All but two eggs were broken and the two were drenched in yolk. ZERO fertility of the two remaining. I blame myself as the shipping was cheap. Do not trust cheap shipping it takes time and materials to package correctly.

I got some eggs last week that were double wrapped in bubble wrap and taped. They then wrapped them in the large bubble wrap all together. They put crumpled news paper that and large bubble wrap in the bottom of the box and the top.

This was one of the best jobs I have ever seen !

I agree that cheap shipping charges is your first clue. I got 12 eggs wrapped in very thin bubble wrap and loosely stuffed with newsprint. SCRAMBLED EGGS ! What a mess !

When I asked for a refund through pay pal I got it but the seller sent me a nasty email asking me to never order from her again !
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
Not to worry as there are alot of people out there who do a good job of packing your eggs.

So the priority box is $10 bucks and ships in 2-3 days anywhere? Great!

Do you pay extra for tracking, or does that come with it?

Just a note about shipping egg NOT in a carton.
I delivered some of my Serama eggs to a lady with some birds in Columbus which is like a 3 hour drive, so for practice, we boxed up the extra eggs from the fridge in a little square box. We wrapped them individually in bubble wrap and put them "floating" in the center surrounded by foam peanuts and wadded paper, and then tossed it around and dropped it and looked in there....there was no cracked eggs, so thats how we packaged them to travel in a car. Im sure USPS is much rougher, but the carton idea seems that if something did happen, it would happen to more eggs, all packed side by side.....

I will add my two cents, in that I prefer shipped eggs in bubble wrap, but with the ends open. Eggs need to breathe, and (again, just my opinion) when the bubble wrap is wrapped around the entire egg, it makes me worry that not enough air is getting around them. I recently rec'd. eggs that were bubble wrapped, but with both small ends exposed. Had a great hatch!

Hi!
...Shipping & Handling Charge is not a good indicator of quality of wrapping / packing.

...Eggs don't need to 'breathe' before they begin incubation process.

... Delivery Confirmation # (tracking #) is free when you use USPS click n ship or PayPal USPS.
Postage itself is a little less expensive online.
Online price for FRB1 is $9.85. Post Office price for FRB1 is $10.35.

smile.png

Lisa

yeah they give you 1.15 off for buy shipping online, po said it's so they can cut more workers.

i lay down a bed of shreds , double wrap each in small, bundle all in large , stuff corners and sides ,cover top with shreds.

I have gotten 4 shipments with eggs in the carton. All had broken eggs. 1 shipment with eggs in foam with holes cut to hold the egg. All of them had broken air cells. It looked like a level bubble that moved back and forth when candled and one egg was totally broken. Zero hatched from the foam way. The ones I have gotten wrapped each egg in bubble wrap have done well. So, I say the bubble wrap way works best. Lots and Lots of Bubblewrap.
big_smile.png

To my surprise my best succsess came from the worst packing job.
I had uber-packed eggs that took me thirty minutes to unwrap that were cracked. But my last shipment was six eggs in a simple eggcarton , each egg wrapped in some toilet paper . THe whole thing was the placed in a box with some crubled newsprint and covered with some more paper. The box was marked fragile this side up nothing more.But all eggs are on day due on thursday and still doing fine. GO little showgirls and boys GO!!!

Back
Top Bottom