Packing Peanuts

GlitterKitty

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
What is the chance I will get packing peanuts? I ordered 8 chicks adn they will be coming May 11th from Meyer Hatchery. If they did give me packing peanuts will they most likely be roosters? Of what breed? Or does it just depend on whatever they ahve extra?

thanks for any help
big_smile.png

I always thought packing peanuts were roosters. With an order that small you may or may not. I haven't ordered chicks from a hatchery in a long time, but I know that they gave us a couple packing peanuts that were the same breed as our biggest pullets (brahmas) - They said the huge, fluffy size of the boys would help for warmth. They sure did!
smile.png

Meyer does NOT use surplus roosters as packing peanuts. You may get up to 4% extra of the breed of chicks you ordered, and if you ordered all hens, the extras would probably be hens. I was recently informed of this from Meyer. Good news!

We too have an order due to arrive on May 11th from Meyer
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Believe it or not, they will NEVER send you packing peanuts in the form of roosters. They will send 4% extra, as mentioned above, of a same breed already on your order.

Back
Top Bottom