Pain in the butt snake

Renegade

Songster
12 Years
Oct 8, 2007
Griffin, GA
I thought everyone would get a few laughs from this even though it didn't exactly make my day.
I went back to the coop tonight to put the girls up for the night and what is sitting where my eggs should be but a huge king snake. Here I thought the girls were being slackers and not laying. Little did I know there's a snake getting fat on my eggs.
Well being a retired vet tech I don't like killing things unless there is a good reason and eating eggs is just not a good enough reason. I decide to be nice and move him to a very large park where he would have plenty of natural prey. He didn't seem to think this was a good idea.
I picked him up to gently place him in a cage and he tried to bite me. When that didn't work he threw up (my eggs) all over me . Of course when that didn't work he pooped everywhere. Well I did finally get him in the cage which I thought he would not have been able to get out of but while I was carrying the cage from the back 40 he decides he wants to stay and makes a break for it. I'm in the middle of the pasture trying to convince a cranky snake to stay in the cage and finally get up to the house where my husband is mowing. He very nicely stops mowing and says to me "Is that the snake I saw back by the chickens last week?"
he.gif

Meanwhile I'm still trying to convince the still cranky snake to stay in the cage while saying sweetheart can you get me a pillowcase out of the closet please. Well the pillowcase won't fit over the cage so I decide to dump him out of the cage and into the pillowcase. Have you ever tried to get an angry snake out of a cage when he has now decided it's a good place to be? So just as I decide to give up and transport the whole cage inside a trash can the snake drops out and lands on my foot. I'm not sure who was more surprised but the snake took off for my garage the second it hit the ground. I chased him down got him in the trash can and I'm off to the park.
I wish I could say this was the end of the story but it wasn't. I get to the park, open the trash can, pour him out into the long grass, and turn around to put the can in the back of my truck. I turn back to see the last 12" of the snake going up inside my truck.
th.gif
I search everywhere under the truck and can't find him anywhere. I decide to run to the car wash thinking maybe I can wash/scare him out. Besides I'm a regular there and the guys know me. I pull up at the carwash and ask if they think it might wash a snake out from under my truck. Well you would have thought I said I have a bomb. These three "cool" guys jump back and hit the emergency stop button. They call the owner and ask if it's okay to let me go through and then went about looking for the snake. They did let me through and I laughed because they ran to the other end so they could watch but no snake. After another 30 minutes trying to find the snake I finally gave up and came home.
Well that was my day. How was everyone elses?

Donna

Donna, I gotta say you are one brave woman! I would have totally freaked out with the snake! I hope he dropped off the truck somewhere but he probably hung out somewhere and you will find him in the nest again next week! Good luck!

ROFL that was absolutely hilarious!!!! I can just picture you and this poor little snakie puking all over you!!!
smile.png
And my guess is, that little sweetie was hiding really well and is now happily back at "his" chicken coop thinking how not nice the people around there are!!! LOL

Great story!
It will be even better if you discover he did make the trip back home!
lol.png

Not to wish you more trouble but it would be hilarious.
King snakes are great to have around if they can be kept out of the coop. Glad you didn't kill this fella, though I would many other kinds.
I could picture every bit of this! Thanks for the laugh.

That was hilarious. Love animals.

Since the snake wasn't hungry, whatcha wanna bet it's still in the truck?

Back
Top Bottom