Painkiller and dosages?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickengal505, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Two days ago my oldest Jake managed to break his right leg and fracture his left foot, in the same motion [​IMG] I have him splinted and vet-wraped and he's not going into shock. His open wounds have been banaged and/or covered in red-cote (More or less Blue-Kote, but it keeps the tissues soft and moist, and it smells funny [​IMG] ) and he's been chilling on his side on a different towel every two hours (Poop issues [​IMG] ew ) and alternating sides everytime I change the towel or he gets restless. So, I was wondering if there was a good over the counter painkiller I could give him to keep the inflamation down and help ease his discomfort. [​IMG] He gets two crushed up "Tums" every night for calcium (gotta re-grow alot of bone in there [​IMG] ) and 3 1/2 cc's of birdy multi-vitamin I normal save for newly hatched chicks. Every other time I offer him water, I mix in un-flavored infant electrolyte. As you can see I'm pretty prepared and know exactly what to do, aside from this painkiller crisis [​IMG] any input is welcome [​IMG] Thank you in advance -Holly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by