Paint inside of coop? Too many different views... What do you think?

I did Kilz primer and 2 coats of exterior semi-gloss white inside my coop. My brighter, easier to clean and easier to see bugs. I have Blackjack 57 roof coating on the floor.

I was told the blue ceiling was to keep spiders from taking up residence. It works for wasps? I'm gonna get some blue paint. :)

Whoever said this either never had blue ceilings, or never had spider problems in the first place!

I've got blue walls & ceilings in my coop (because that is the paint I had on hand) and the spiders don't seem to be scared of it one bit. Seems like cobwebs are more of a problem in the chicken coop than in my barn, but that might be due more to the dust the chickens produce.

My floor is covered with Coop Klean, but the walls are all painted with exterior latex, which even if they did try and see if it was tasty it would at least be non-toxic. Turns out they completely ignore it, although I have seen them occasionally peck at some of the tips of roofing nails that managed to work their way through. They probably think they're bugs.

The beams are powder blue and the walls pastel mint green, and as far as spiders are concerned the only webs I've seen are on the 1/2" HC roof vent screens.

Back
Top Bottom