Paint Silkie pair

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Up for auction are what I believe to be a pair of paint silkies, but due to their young age, I cannot guarantee this. I find paints difficult to sex until they are older. They are just over 3 months old and are from a paint on paint breeding pen. Both have black skin with just one of them having a small amount of pink on the bottom of one foot. Both have light eyes. Toes are perfect on both of them.

This pair would be perfect to breed to nice blacks.

Shipping is $60.00 which includes a new Horizon box. If it is less than this, I will be happy to refund the difference. Please understand that we cannot guarantee the safe arrival of your birds that are shipped. We've never had a death in shipping birds, but it is inherently possible.

We ship with a hardware cloth wire floor over shaving so the birds have excellent footing for their trip. We also include feed and two shipping waterers which are reusable.

Shipping would be Monday, Dec. 5th.

Because of a recent rash of non-paying bidders, please contact me prior to bidding if you are new to BYC or have no feedback. Thank you for your understanding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. curious1969

curious1969 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Northwest Montana
    What are acceptable temps for shipping? I have only ordered birds one other time and they were shipped early in September after the weather had cooled down a bit.

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    The temp on both ends should be below 85 degrees and above 32 degrees.

4. PoultryQueen29

PoultryQueen29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] Are you trying to kill me with all of these paint silkies??? First the chicks and now these. I swear they're haunting me.

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
  6. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    I know you should cross to black~~but they make such a cute couple !!! [​IMG]

7. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Quote:Hey Judy check your link, it took me to an injured deer story.

8. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

9. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Oops!! Sorrry all!! Yes, that is the link.

Very nice black cockerel...and everybody will be looking for one early spring!! I always have about 20 emails with people looking for one then and I'm always sold out by then. This is the last cockerel I will have for at least 4-6 months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by