PAINT SILKIES!?!?!

Lach Cnoc Farm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Western Washington
I saw these on feathersite for the very first time tonight!!
what? how? where can i buy some!?
better yet! how can i make some?!?
they're Amazing!

PaintSilkiePr.JPEG
PaintSilkieF.JPEG

Last edited:
The exact genetic composition of paints is unknown; they do carry dominant white, but at least one source I read said that they are not related to exchequer legnorns. However, since the original paints came about from a cross to a leghorn, I am not sure how much weight to give that statement. I do not think one could re-create them without knowing their genetic composition; however, my best guess is to cross to an exchequer leghorn and in about 10 years you may have something similar (that is about how long they are already into development).

edited to add: If at some point I decide to get paints, I would not try to recreate them. DItto for showgirls or any other breed or variety that is already many generations into development.

Last edited:
Feathersite had them listed as Paint, i guess they're probably considered different because they're colors are not as "blurred" as the splashes. this is my first time hearing of them.

Yes, the paint silkies are not blue/splash--genotype there is blbl. I believe it is supposed to be based on I plus not sure what else. Only available in Europe, although there is a rumour that some eggs have been imported.

Cuckoos are available--the trick is finding one with dark skin.

Back
Top Bottom