PAINT SILKIES!?!?!

No, gray and blue are not the same. I have seen gray that vary in color..pattern just like partridge..some very red some dark, where in gray they could have more white coloration, usually head, hackle and I have seen some with white down the breast.

What is the difference between Silver Partridge and Grey?

I have heard that silver partridge silkies have the lacing on the flight feathers. A gray does not have lacing on the flight feathers. To see good gray silkies and not silver partridge silkies, check out Donna McCormick's birds! She has beautiful birds!!! To create a true gray silkie is not easy. So the difference is more than, "nada".

Last edited:
I'd be thrilled if they were silver with lacing! I just don't like blue's or greys. sorry, but black, blue and grey are just not my colors. I prefer splash, paint, white and buff. Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll be silver.
Thank for all the help.

Hi,
I would just love to have 2 Paint Silkie chicks!
I've been hoping someone had splash too. But so far, no one has written me about having them.

I have 2 buff, 2 silver partridge (?) and now 1 whites. I guess I'm hoping to have 2 of each color eventually.

Let me know what you are asking and where you are located? OK?
Thanks.

Since I don't have a hen for him I've thought about letting him go. He does have spots you just don't see them well in this photo. He's a nice boy - quality & temperament.
$50 or offer

I can send you hatching eggs from 3 different pens if you are interested.
I have paint over blue and splash, paint over black and black over paint.
sorry, no extra roos but I have plenty of unsexed little ones running around.
I got very positive remarks from tom roebuck at the central maine show where one of my pullets won best non standard in show.
Does anyone have a paint roo they need to rehome?

Back
Top Bottom