Painted eggs

I know for a fact that if you tried to sell them at the farmer's market here in Lincoln people would buy them. They look great and you do a good job on the painting! Do you have a farmer's market or even an artist's guild in your area?

Hi - just found your thread. I have been thinking of trying painting on goose eggs - how do you clean them after blowing out the conents? I think laquering them would make them last longer and also probably strengthen them a little. thanks for the pictures they are great!

After I blow them I just run warm soapy water through them until I think they are clean. If you were really worried about bacteria you could maybe try boiling them to sterilize after blowing? I don't know how that would work though, just an idea. The hole on the bottom can be larger because I glue a penny over it to stand them up with. I know waterfowl eggs are more waxy than chicken eggs so you may have to experiment with paints but goose eggs would look nice because they are larger. Laquering is also a good idea, I may have to try that!

Hi - just found your thread. I have been thinking of trying painting on goose eggs - how do you clean them after blowing out the conents? I think laquering them would make them last longer and also probably strengthen them a little. thanks for the pictures they are great!

After I blow them I just run warm soapy water through them until I think they are clean. If you were really worried about bacteria you could maybe try boiling them to sterilize after blowing? I don't know how that would work though, just an idea. The hole on the bottom can be larger because I glue a penny over it to stand them up with. I know waterfowl eggs are more waxy than chicken eggs so you may have to experiment with paints but goose eggs would look nice because they are larger. Laquering is also a good idea, I may have to try that!

I paint as well as carve eggs

Once I have the shells blown out i just wash them inside and out with an antibacterial soap or Oxine then rinse and let dry... no need to boil them

painting on goose and duck eggs hasn't been a problem for me at all.

I always finish my painted eggs off with a clear coat.. lol.. been doing that since the 1960's

You carve eggs? I would love to see some pictures of your work!

Same here! How do you carve an egg? Like a pumpkin?

I only have pics of one on my comp right now (a wedding present for my sister in law and her husband).. have a stock pile of emu eggs though just waiting for inspiration...
My painted eggs are on another thread on here

I use a dremel for carving.. an emu egg has several layers (emerald, aqua, white).. and depending on how deep you carve them different colors show through

Back
Top Bottom