Painting hardware cloth?

Does anybody have a photo they'd be willing to post? I'd love to see what it looks like before committing!

We have an enclosed "sun porch" attached to the main chicken house. The idea was that with the roof, they could have a dry place to hang out in the winter rains, but not have to stay inside the house. Anyway, it has hardware cloth walls and we used a paint sprayer to paint everything, including the wire. It worked like a charm, the paint does make it easier to see through and I think the posts look nice painted.

eggspletive! :

Does anybody have a photo they'd be willing to post? I'd love to see what it looks like before committing!

I painted the center part, but not the door or the right side. It makes a big difference for very little effort.

IMG_0574copy.jpg

Wow, it sure does make a difference!

Racuda, what colour did you paint, and how did you do it (spray paint, brush, roller?). How long ago did you do this? Does anyone have any input on how long it lasts?

I'll be painting the trim of my small coop soon, and am definitely considering this!

Thanks for the photo!

I personally wouldnt bother. If I wanted to see my chickens, I would just mosey on over and look at them.

However, in the spirit of the thing, If I were to trifle with painting the galvanized wire*, I'd also use a roller.

* Im pretty sure zinc galvanized coatings dont hold paint real well. SO you may soon find it flaking off. Just a thought.

Quote:
I did it about 3 months ago. I used flat black spray paint.

The recommendation that I read said to spray the galvanized wire with vinegar first, then rinse with water. I didn't do that. I just sprayed new hardware cloth with the paint.

I checked it this past weekend to see how it is holding up and I didn't see any signs of flaking.

If/when I do it again I would use a roller.

I am wanting to paint my shiny new silver dog kennel run. It is the welded wire kind and I want to be able to see my chickens better. Just got the pannels and haven't put them together yet. I too was worried about the paint flaking off after time. Should not be That hard to paint with a roller and a small brush for the post, but how long would it last?

Back
Top Bottom