Pair of Silver Duckwing OEGB?

I need you to stop by tennessee and bring me some chicks next time your around here, I wouldnt mind raising a few hefty silvers too 😎🤟
This morning the roo was violently attacking the hen. Could my enclosure be too small? I plan on giving them more space but thought I could help keep them cozy and warmer through the winter and give them a run in the spring...
20211123_123346.jpg
20211123_123246.jpg

This morning the roo was violently attacking the hen. Could my enclosure be too small? I plan on giving them more space but thought I could help keep them cozy and warmer through the winter and give them a run in the spring...View attachment 2908842View attachment 2908844
That space is plenty big for a pair that size, they might of not been paired together prior to your purchase. Ive had that happen and after a few days they start fighting. Did they calm down after a while?

That space is plenty big for a pair that size, they might of not been paired together prior to your purchase. Ive had that happen and after a few days they start fighting. Did they calm down after a while?
yes, I have a food bag with a little food rolled up in the corner and tucked the hen in there next to the wall/corner and the roo hasn't bothered her.
I agree they were probably not paired and am wondering if he is used to competition and fighting? Since he doesn't have any competition, he took his aggression out on her??? ...or maybe she simply challenged him??
Anyway, I really hope he stops or she submits better??

yes, I have a food bag with a little food rolled up in the corner and tucked the hen in there next to the wall/corner and the roo hasn't bothered her.
I agree they were probably not paired and am wondering if he is used to competition and fighting? Since he doesn't have any competition, he took his aggression out on her??? ...or maybe she simply challenged him??
Anyway, I really hope he stops or she submits better??
As long as you can check on them a couple times a day and dont see any blood I have a god feeling theyll chillout in a few days 🤟 just my guess from what ive seen in past

Last edited:
That’s too small.
the question is whether it would cause violence in the roo. I've explained that I intend to give them more room. They aren't going to be spending too much time outside in the winter of Blue Knob mountain, though. So, I don't see the harm, unless it is causing this problem.

As long as you can check on them a couple times a day and dont see any blood I have a god feeling theyll chillout in a few days 🤟 just my guess from what ive seen in past
No more attacks. Maybe she challenged him? Other than a few feathers pulled, she seems fine....fingers crossed.

No more attacks. Maybe she challenged him? Other than a few feathers pulled, she seems fine....fingers crossed.
I have a feeling theyll be good to go for the winter! I agree probably just testing each other lol, maybe he was trying to get frisky and she wasnt havin it 😂

Back
Top Bottom