palawan peacock-pheasant hatching eggs

old.gif
I have some "Three Headed Purple Duck" eggs for sale. Any suckers... err.... takers?
idunno.gif

LOL
Just looked threw ebay again, this guy has a trio of mega laying palawans as guess what they are still producing.
So has 9 in the incubator, 2 from the previous auction and saying should be 3 this time so thats 14 in less than 3 weeks out of a trio of birds that should only lay 6 eggs total for their season, and one hen really is too young to breed anyway,
simply amazing!

hi everyone, I was the idiot that bids on the Palawan Peacock Pheasant eggs on ebay! I bid up to $210.00 but someone else outbid me. i'm not the biggest loser after all! hihihi.
last month I bought a pair of Palawan fully grown male and a younger hen beautiful bird!!! I paid only $700.00 and that is deal!!!!
big_smile.png

hi birdaholic, do you still have the three headed purple duck eggs ? hahahahaha
thats good one. you got me.
lol.png

Hi,
Are you still selling Palawa chicks? My husband and I would like to start raising them as a hobby in our retirement.

Thanks!

I called Doug last year to ask about the palawans and he gave me good info. I'd like to have a pair, just haven't had much luck finding any. Any ideas?

sittinchickin

Think you may have miss read this thread, no one sells palawan chicks or eggs. They are about $700+ epr yearling pair. They cant tolerate cold temps, need to be kept in warm, well planted LARGE aviaries in pairs only. They require a higher end diet best mixed with bugs, fruits, and veggies. etc They are a fairly difficult species to keep, thus the very low amount of breeders keeping them. They also take 3 years to mature and color out. While they are a very very beautiful peacock pheasant, there are only 5-6 breeders in the US that have any luck with them.

Featherhead, you talked to one of them, Doug is a very good breeder and would be the first place I'd check. Also Mr Sumner of Triple S has all the peacock pheasants , tragopans, etc... he will have some when no one else will. The for sell section of the GBWF will be a good place to look too, as well as the Gamebird Breeders Gazette, or the APWS magazines....EBAY IS NOT , none of the auction sites are, haha but think we all know that now. Those that have these, really dont have to advertise them, they are sold before they are laid usually

Back
Top Bottom