Pale Comb & Weight Loss

KMurphyVT

Chirping
Aug 9, 2020
Hello,
I have eight three year old hens. One has been acting funny the last three days. She’s not going into her coop with all the other hens, and I have to put her in. She also feels really light. I clean out the poop from their coop every morning so it’s clean. I use pine shavings. All my other girls seem fine, except my one broody girl, but she does that every couple of months. Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Hello,
I have eight three year old hens. One has been acting funny the last three days. She’s not going into her coop with all the other hens, and I have to put her in. She also feels really light. I clean out the poop from their coop every morning so it’s clean. I use pine shavings. All my other girls seem fine, except my one broody girl, but she does that every couple of months. Any suggestions?
Thank you!
How much dose she weigh? What breed is she?
Make sure your broody hen is drinking and eating. If you don't want her broody remove her from the nest as soon as you see her in it.

If she is broody she will act different.
I have to deal with my broody hen every couple of months as well. And she is quite stubborn. 🤣

If she is broody she will act different.
I have to deal with my broody hen every couple of months as well. And she is quite stubborn. 🤣
The hen that is acting weird is not the broody one. Every night for the last 5 nights when I go out she isn’t in her coop. I have to lift her in. She is molting, but has never acted like this before. A couple of months ago I had a hen laying lash eggs, but then it stopped, and I could never figure out who it was. I’m wondering if it was this one.

The hen that is acting weird is not the broody one. Every night for the last 5 nights when I go out she isn’t in her coop. I have to lift her in. She is molting, but has never acted like this before. A couple of months ago I had a hen laying lash eggs, but then it stopped, and I could never figure out who it was. I’m wondering if it was this one.
It must likely was the one laying lash eggs.
I'm not an expert but since she's molting that may change some things.
Is she eating and drinking?

Back
Top Bottom