Pallet chicken coop ideas??

New chick brooder box. Base is a 40.5"x40.5" pallet with a plywood top.

Ok ga boy and too fast here is my take on the atlanta style coop i wanted for a breeding pen i finished up the run panels this evening and will have it moved to its home location and run all bolted up saturday so i will post the finished pics then dementions for the coop are 45x48x40 high two 12x12x15 external nest boxes for easy egg collection it has a ceramic light fixture to give 14 hours of light to maximize egg output as my primary use will be for breeding four hens and a roo per sesion run demensions are 45x 9 foot with one roost bar and removable poop pan

Have a old heat lamp.
the brooder box I am using now is a 30x45 shipping crate I built up a lamp using a old dock light off a truck loading dock and built the stand so I could raise the lamp and lower the heat each week but I have a new idea in the cooker it's a poly 45x48 shippin returnable tub and I will use heat lamps again but I'm going to affix them and use a dimmer switch to lower the heat weekly I'll post pics when done for opinions it's not a wood pallet but the principle is the same lol

Th

the brooder box I am using now is a 30x45 shipping crate I built up a lamp using a old dock light off a truck loading dock and built the stand so I could raise the lamp and lower the heat each week but I have a new idea in the cooker it's a poly 45x48 shippin returnable tub and I will use heat lamps again but I'm going to affix them and use a dimmer switch to lower the heat weekly I'll post pics when done for opinions it's not a wood pallet but the principle is the same lol[/quot
That's a great idea I believe it would work good

Back
Top Bottom