Pallet chicken coop ideas??

^^^yep. We used a bunch in our construction, saved a lot of money I'm sure.

Couple pics of ours:

We are working on the run currently, hope to make a lot of progress this weekend.

I just found your post, Too Fast, when looking for some coop ideas others have done using pallets. I love what you guys did! Do you have any tips now that some time has passed, on anything you'd do differently?

I just found your post, Too Fast, when looking for some coop ideas others have done using pallets. I love what you guys did! Do you have any tips now that some time has passed, on anything you'd do differently?
Not really. The coop is holding up well, 2 years old now. Started out thinking it'd be around $4-500, saved my receipts and it totalled $1050 lol. I did a lot of research here and a few books from the library. Make lots of access to the inside for cleaning. Make sure it is predator proof, I buried the welded wire 3 feet out horizontally around the whole perimeter to stop digging predators. Roof/run is all enclosed, I've witnessed hawks walking around the top and bottom looking for a way in. We've never lost a chicken yet! I'm sure owls have tried. Our girls sleep outside usually, only in colder winter do they sleep indoors on their roost. Really is nice they are outside at night, very good compost materiel under them lol.

[/IMG]I am know carpenter but I managed by myself to make a chicken coop using pallets. Nothing is square. Laughing out loud. The ladies love it.

Last edited:

This is my pallet coop I'm working on right now. It will be 6x11.5 walk in coop. I'm doing this by myself because my husband just had surgery on his arm. So I doubt anything is level or straight but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far. It will be housing 8 chicken. I have 2 of the 8 chicks right now and will be getting 2 more tomorrow and the other 4 next week.

This is my pallet coop I'm working on right now. It will be 6x11.5 walk in coop. I'm doing this by myself because my husband just had surgery on his arm. So I doubt anything is level or straight but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far. It will be housing 8 chicken. I have 2 of the 8 chicks right now and will be getting 2 more tomorrow and the other 4 next week.

That looks great! I had to build my last one by myself as well because my hubby didn't want to be involved. It looked like Mr. Magoo built it, but it safely housed my girls for a couple of years. When we moved, we just bought a big old shed. I had to put a new on that, but I just watched you tube videos for instructions. It turned out great. Best of luck, and please keep us posted on the progress!

Back
Top Bottom