Pallet coop question

20220407_070802.jpg
20220407_070820.jpg

Finally got it done! Obviously need to clean up my tools and everything. The ladies don't know quite what the roosting bars are for - they spent last night huddled on the ground behind the water dispenser!

Hi! I live in the dfw area of tx. We built out first coop out of pallet wood and used whole pallets for the floor and porch arrea. For winter time we wrapped it in Tyvek type sheeting to block drafts and used card board to cover open air windows. All my flock made just fine through our cold snaps this past winter without a problem. You can see the gaps.
IMG_20210702_134324935.jpg
IMG_20210702_135032299.jpg
This is it covered.
20220318_172438.jpg

I prefer using whole pallets too .Their size determine what you can make. Hardware cloth is great to cover gaps. Unfortunately I live in WV so I cover the gaps with boards to cut down on drafts
I got ahold of some 12 ft long x 4ft high pallets and he is going to make another run attached to the one already but to the coop. He said he will use some small pallets we have to fill in gaps. We got 17 12 ft pallets so he is going to stack them so it will take 4 on side of run an 2 stacked at end to make it 24ftx12ft then predator proof with wire on side n top then use a tarp for some shade some how. Design isn’t carved in stone yet

I got ahold of some 12 ft long x 4ft high pallets and he is going to make another run attached to the one already but to the coop. He said he will use some small pallets we have to fill in gaps. We got 17 12 ft pallets so he is going to stack them so it will take 4 on side of run an 2 stacked at end to make it 24ftx12ft then predator proof with wire on side n top then use a tarp for some shade some how. Design isn’t carved in stone yet
He is my hubby

Back
Top Bottom