I just simply can't afford to purchase all of the materials new, DIY stores in the UK are really expensive.
I completely understand! Where I am at it can be pretty expensive too! Do you have a friend who already works with pallets that may have experience (and tools!) they might lend you?
Also, 2nd hand materials or construction scraps are usually good ways to get project materials on the cheap.

A pallet coop sounds like a fun project! I built both of mine out of recycled materials, but no pallets. Same idea, though!
coop.jpg

20190811_175923.jpg

If you search the BYC coop page, you'll find lots of articles showing "how tos." It's a great resource!

I plan on making the whole coop including the floor(with plywood on top) and roof. It's going to be 8x12 and about 6 ft tall. In my mind it works well..lol

I have an enclosure I made for the ducks for their pool made out of pallets. That thing is as solid as they come. That's how I got the idea.

The pallets are free. I got a 100 ft roll of free hardware cloth and 3 bundles of shingles for free, so all I need to buy is the plywood and screws/nails.

I plan on making the whole coop including the floor(with plywood on top) and roof. It's going to be 8x12 and about 6 ft tall. In my mind it works well..lol

I have an enclosure I made for the ducks for their pool made out of pallets. That thing is as solid as they come. That's how I got the idea.

The pallets are free. I got a 100 ft roll of free hardware cloth and 3 bundles of shingles for free, so all I need to buy is the plywood and screws/nails.
Awesome! Free hardware cloth??? That was my biggest expense!

I found free plywood on Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom