Pallet Inspired Coop

jhyslop

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 16, 2013
Southeast Missouri
After reading many articles on reusing pallets we started in on the work! It started in the new coop on the walls then we started work on the nest boxes. We have since made a calf pen and started covering our barn walls with them! We aren't finished but here is what we have so far.

More pics to come! We have built a lot of things in our barn including feeder, bottle holder for calves and the list will go on and on. The only thing we have paid for is the screws!!!! I am in heaven with the things you can do with free materials!

What a nice job you have done with these pallets. At first I was going to build our coop with pallet wood as well, but I just don't have the time to dismantle all the pallets I need before my chicks will need a coop. I do plan on building a green hosue this summer, and since I am a school bus driver, I will have the whole summer off and time to build it out of pallet wood.

Please do post lots more pics. It looks fab! I'm planning on building (planning is easy) lots of things with pallets once I get the pallet splitter my BIL is making me.

There is a local factory that gives them away! Some are more useful than others but they are free!!! We even got some 2x4 pallets 8ft long! I will never buy lumber again after this adventure! Here is a pic of the calf bottle holder and feeder!

Back
Top Bottom