Pallets for coop

davedavey

Songster
9 Years
Sep 13, 2013
washington state
Went to a local bargain store got some pallets covered in plywood. They were used to deliver irrigation pumps. So no chemicals. I tured the plywood in and did 3 sides top and bottom. Used plywood on the last side to build the entrance door. Made 3 . 4x 8 side and one 4x4 frame. Put wire on the frames. Screwed them together, cut an entrance hole in the side of coop. Put the frame against it and now I have my setup. I have eight 3 month old Buff Orpingtons, and they like there home.

Can't wait to see pictures! I can't quite "see" it in my head, sorry!

I have used pallets to make the base of our pony storage sheds and used cattle panel to arch a roof over them -

Our pallet feed rooms that we have now will become permanent when they are leveled & bolted together - right now the boys feed room isn't level and they have been tied into place with haystring. Working on making a roof of 2 ltr plastic bottles, instead of the tarps, now - also using haystring. Will be posting how that works in our own thread when it's complete.

Keep in mind that some pallet wood is treated with chemicals against rot and pests.
Labeling/branding info can be found with some googling research.

Back
Top Bottom