Panic here in UK, Massive max 45 mph gusts!!!!

Featherland26

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 19, 2011
England
Gusts of max 45 mph, couple of fences blown up and the concrete with iron rods actually bent, a tree collapsed, coop is within an inch of flooding. I was so worried about the chickens being blown away, my tiny little banatm was having massive stuggle walking against the wind or drowning so drastic action I put them in a small raised steel cargo just to keep them safe. The rabbits cage fell over and we were just there to catch them before the dogs (rabbit killers) got in the garden though the fallen fences just seconds of picking rabbits up, now all the animals are safetly locked up. Now I'm worried about chickens in a cramped space with the new chickens hoping they dont bully the new chickens. so very panicky day today, weather has calmed down a bit thank goodness......for now...

Last edited:
In 1987 we had winds of over 90mph, now that was breezey!
lol.png

Glad you've managed to secure your animals.

Are you North/South/East/West? You can keep track of the wind/weather at the met office: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

Keep checking your chickens to keep an eye on any bullying behaviour until you feel safe putting them back in their coop.

I live in the south, glad I dont live in the north, the weather is much more extreme up there! But living next to a river here makes my area very prone to flooding.

What do you do when bad weather occurs?

Quote:
My garden is on ancient marshland and gets waterlogged too.
Between my previous post and this one we've just had a massive downpour, with hail and I watched from the comfort of my kitchen window as Margo made a dash from one end of her walk-in run to the other not quite sure which Eglu she wanted to be in most
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
She can really sprint!

No danger of their run flooding though, so they are quite protected.

Back
Top Bottom