Sorry about the mites, but glad that you found something that can be treated. Permethrin 10 concentrate is also very good and a small bottle can be mixed with water in a spray bottle or garden sprayer to use on the chickens and also in coops, nests, and on roosts. It makes many gallons of spray, and the instructions are on the inside label. The dust is preferred especially during cool weather. Mites require treating every 7 days at least twice to get the live ones and then the newly hatched ones.

Sad update. We found her dead in the coop this morning. I’m extremely upset, been crying most of the morning so far, wishing I could have done more. We buried her this morning under her favorite tree that she would sit under in the summer. I am still planning on doing a complete coop/run clean out, spray, and treatment of each chicken. Thanks for your help, everyone.

RIP Dolly:hit

Attachments

• D14F9CDD-7312-4D46-8683-4299932A1A1F.jpeg
    D14F9CDD-7312-4D46-8683-4299932A1A1F.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 5
Very sorry for your loss. Hopefully the others will be fine. A necropsy at home is a food way to discover if there was something else wrong.

Back
Top Bottom