Pantry-palooza collection of my hybrids

Pics
Diggin’ deep into the beach house pantry…..

One of my DD’s tagged along to help out…
The main fridge died from freeze-maggedon 2 winters ago. We had a mini fridge back home and just brought it down as a temporary fix while we weren’t planning to do much down here during covid. Well someone(s) broke in stole the mini fridge and a bunch of stuff. So all we have currently in the cooler of a few iced down items. The last few meals have been just like camping. Made oatmeal. Soup. And todays lunch was leftover dirty rice (Zatarans style) dump in cans of roasted western style corn, pinto beans, mushroom slices, black olive sliced & spinach on the side.

Yeah that spinach is not great. Too watered down & bland solo. I should of brought some fresh eggs & of course… bacon with us. Oh well. That definately is a next time if anyone ever gets another can of spinach. (Snickers)

All in all. Kiddo says this mix is a winner.
137658F7-39E5-4E6A-B092-C42F707CEA1A.jpeg
Personally, I want to add a can of that collard greens and maybe so roast tomatoes in this mix next time!
92AC1869-689A-4FFC-96D8-1241DA4C0213.jpeg

Okay. This is full tilt lame-o-rama Mac-n-cheese with several tweaks.

1st Chopped up the prosciutto & leftover chicken rotisserie
Added a sizable amount of oil to the instapot to seriously coat the scratched up bottom - so nothing hopefully sticks.

Added the condensed milk and water for the cheeses powder to soak up and the noodles to soak in. Then poured the cream of mushroom soup and the can of sweet peas (did not drain them). Finally tossed the chopped up meat and let it cook in “rice” mode. Then let it sit on “keep warm” for a couple hrs before I can finally eat it.

Verdict? Yeah. It’ll do. Nothing award winning here. Kids will likely still gobble this up. The cheesy “flavor” is just as I recall typical boxed Mac-n-cheese growing up. Glad I added the other stuff. I will likely experiment with this and scrambled eggs & salsa tomorrow… because? Not gonna waste the meat.
View attachment 3163418

View attachment 3163420
Stepped in lots of it but never eaten any of it! :lau :gig

Tonight’s very late dinner….

Ground sausage tore up as the bottom layer in the instapot.
6A2BC345-9ED0-4C6D-AA05-8C86E57AAD93.jpeg

399EC14B-4351-4DF1-B903-D74F408480AF.jpeg
Box said to mix 2cups milk & 1 cup water for pasta to simmer with the powder and meat.

I flipped it plus …. 1 cup almond milk, 2 cup water, and ~2/3 cup plain yogurt

The pasta sauce was almost 1/3 of the jar.
Added a pint of these yummy cherry tomatoes.
The finished view:
37C4BC8A-F815-407B-9D4E-4E42BAB02961.jpeg
The kiddo very much approved!
This is my setup:
Burgundy mug: vanilla yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, frozen blue, black berries and a few strawberries
Blue cup: homemade kombucha
Potatoes tub: the rest of the salad from yesterday
Green big bowl: instapot yumminess

Next time, a wee bit less water

So the only thing about this post that Pantry-palooza rated … the seasoning. The salmon was on sale at Sam’s a few days ago….

Sprinkled seasonings on it.
Sat in oven then powered up oven.
Set
To 375* in convection mode
25 ~26 minutes later out it came. *just about fully cooked*

Pulled off the skin.
Scraped off the gray meat (for the dogs)

Now to chill it for the next few meals…

1st meal on deck?
Everything bagel (slightly toasted with some butter soaked in)
PLUS a slathering of cream cheese
Then the nice layer of the salmon.

5869F844-EDBA-48BB-9444-7A220EE7E933.jpeg

4C1DB176-C4DE-4F0D-928E-9FD83B81E544.jpeg

Yesterday was the 1st go-round. What a yummy open face sam’mich!
Think of this as pseudo-Lox N’ Bagels as the salmon was not smoked, just baked and the baking was “just under the usual time to bake for *fully cooked.”

This way if I want to heat up some for leftovers or snack… then it will get just slightly closer to being “fully cooked.” Per say.

Here’s todays 2nd round…. Lunch, part 1
7F913A11-3F74-4852-A38A-E0EE3978EC45.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom