Pantry raid warning to all general mills consumers

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
Do not buy general mills products! I was just about to serve to my family betty crocker au gratin potatoes and i looked at the label:
Partially produced with genetic engineering.
This caused me to freak out and raid my pantry. I threw out all but one box of Rice A Roni, ALL my hamburger helpers and ALL the boxes of freeze dried potatoes. Im usually pretty careful about reading the labels and these are products that i thought i could rely on as they never contained gmos in the past. Never again. The aldi off brand does not contain gmos however and i will be serving that tonight. Best of luck to you all and i hope you dont have to clean out shop like i just did

I don't believe everyone is required to list that information. Most corn, oats, and wheat in this country is genetically modified. Produce and meat is going that way too. Why do you think everything is so cheap. America is so full of cheap worthless food that everyone is eating. If you want clean food, buy clean organic food made from natural things, and be willing to pay for it. Otherwise grow your own. That's the only ways to control what you are eating.

I don't believe everyone is required to list that information. Most corn, oats, and wheat in this country is genetically modified. Produce and meat is going that way too. Why do you think everything is so cheap. America is so full of cheap worthless food that everyone is eating. If you want clean food, buy clean organic food made from natural things, and be willing to pay for it. Otherwise grow your own. That's the only ways to control what you are eating.
Actually they do require it:
https://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRe...Information/LabelingNutrition/ucm059098.htm#C
You are not required to say its non gmo but you can say that its certified non gmo. Ive seen things listed as "certified organic" that contain gmos

Oh and you can make your own au gratin potatoes with just a few simple ingredients like potatoes, onions milk and cheese to name the main ones. Everyone wants easy too. :confused: I use them too occasionally, but I don't eat stuff like that often.
Normally i would but...tonights a crock pot meal and i needed a quick side

You are not required to say its non gmo but you can say that its certified non gmo. Ive seen things listed as "certified organic" that contain gmos
GMOs are not allowed in the production of organic products. What certified organic foods have you seen listing GMO ingredients?

Progresso soup
They appear to have a limited number of flavors in organic, website says they are GMO free. Have you seen a label claiming otherwise?
Organic regulations at a federal level forbid the use of GMOs in certified organic products. I'm an organic farmer.
Screenshot_20181125-070643_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181125-071204_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom