Paper towels instead of pine? (5week chix)

For young chicks, I have used paper towels and it works well! I also like puppy pee pads for my brooder. Definitely less messy, and also less stuff in the waterer.

I'm not sure about 5-week-old chicks though, as they may eat it. When are you planning on moving them outside?

For young chicks, I have used paper towels and it works well! I also like puppy pee pads for my brooder. Definitely less messy, and also less stuff in the waterer.

I'm not sure about 5-week-old chicks though, as they may eat it. When are you planning on moving them outside?
We want to move them out in a week. I do take them out for field trips, but my covered run will be done by the weekend, and that's when we will move them on.

Hey guys, can I use paper towels for my 5 week chicks? Pine has a lot of dust. They are currently housed in my house. Thanks!
I use paper towels for the first week, then horse bedding pellets from that point on. Gamer changer as the only maintenance is if their water bottle splashes too much, I clean out the sawdust and replace with pellets. No smell, no dust.

Attachments

• brooder w chicks.jpg
    brooder w chicks.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 7
  • silkie and ss.jpg
    silkie and ss.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom