Parakeet Eggs ADVICE PLEASE!

If you want Parakeets everywhere leave the eggs alone and don't worry about a nest.
I spent a lot of time trying different stuff for nests. The Birds would throw it all out and raise them on the floor of the box.
I finally gave up. I put some shavings in and let it go.
I keep 5 pairs and have babies most all the time.

I forgot to repost. She laid a total of 8 eggs. Made a little pile of them on the floor of the cage, covered them with paper and then apparently forgot about them.
I threw them out after a couple of days of no interest.

If you want Parakeets everywhere leave the eggs alone and don't worry about a nest.
I spent a lot of time trying different stuff for nests. The Birds would throw it all out and raise them on the floor of the box.
I finally gave up. I put some shavings in and let it go.
I keep 5 pairs and have babies most all the time.
I breed budgies and when they throw the bedding out you add it after they start laying without bedding babies will get splayed legs If you have babies most of the time then your birds are overbreeding they are only suppose to have 2 clutches a year.

I didn't mean I had babies 24/7 365. I let them raise 2 clutches back to back and then let them rest 3-4 months. then raise 2 more. I also Cull eggs, after the 5th one hatches I discard the rest. The last ones usually get stepped on. I have 16 young left from the last hatching (2mo) So everybody is on vacation right now. Mine seem to not like anything in the nest. I do put stuff in like ground corn cobs, paper and burlap. Most gets thrown out.

I didn't mean I had babies 24/7 365. I let them raise 2 clutches back to back and then let them rest 3-4 months. then raise 2 more. I also Cull eggs, after the 5th one hatches I discard the rest. The last ones usually get stepped on. I have 16 young left from the last hatching (2mo) So everybody is on vacation right now. Mine seem to not like anything in the nest. I do put stuff in like ground corn cobs, paper and burlap. Most gets thrown out.

if your double clutching every 3-4 months that's to much stress on the female shes being over bred.

Back
Top Bottom