Parakeet life

Bettyjo1976

In the Brooder
Feb 4, 2021
Well I’ve had my babies for about 7 weeks now and they are doing great. Mork is definitely a boy, but still trying to determine the green one Mindy.. what do you all think? I’m leaning toward boy. They are starting to finger perch and letting me touch them. They are so cool!

Cool! Do you have pictures? I am adopting a 'keet or two soon.
Well I’ve had my babies for about 7 weeks now and they are doing great. Mork is definitely a boy, but still trying to determine the green one Mindy.. what do you all think? I’m leaning toward boy. They are starting to finger perch and letting me touch them. They are so cool!

Attachments

• 4CB59ABD-7238-4C4F-AEB5-B3E50EA11EB6.png
    4CB59ABD-7238-4C4F-AEB5-B3E50EA11EB6.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 7E98A367-6FA3-4E31-98A6-16DE54F1FA5F.png
    7E98A367-6FA3-4E31-98A6-16DE54F1FA5F.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
I just posted them, I thought I did before. I love them glad I decided to get them
i hate to say this but it’s looking like mork is a girl and mindy is a boy.......mork’s cere looks more white, while mindy’s is more purple. not necessarily bad, if they don’t know their individual names, you can just swap them.....

I don’t think we can tell from those photos. Mork may be a girl, or it just might be that the light is too bright on his cere, making it look whiter than it really is. Mindy has the opposite problem. Her cere is in shadow and I can’t tell whether it’s brown or purple. If you can try to get more photos that show the ceres clearly without too much light or too much shadow, that might help.

Back
Top Bottom