Parakeets/ Budgies Girl or Boy?

Two cages is not necessary. Budgies in general rarely fight, though the may squabble a bit over little things. Male budgies usually get along great together without issue. Judging by the photos, the two are already getting along.
Ahhh ok i see, thanks!!

I just bought 2 more! I bought another boy and another girl. I already ordered a bigger cage on amazon too. I’ll have it by Monday/ Tuesday. Will that be a problem? 3 boys and 1 girl?
This is the one of the only occasions budgies will fight, the three males fighting over the female. I currently have 2 males and 1 female in the same cage. My males have very little interest in the female so I don't have issues with them. I'd see how they initially do all together, and if problems arise you can have two pairs in two separate cages.

Do you quarantine first?

This is the one of the only occasions budgies will fight, the three males fighting over the female. I currently have 2 males and 1 female in the same cage. My males have very little interest in the female so I don't have issues with them. I'd see how they initially do all together, and if problems arise you can have two pairs in two separate cages.

Do you quarantine first?
Yes I did! Also, I want to make sure that the female one is actually female. Can you tell by these 2 photos?

Attachments

• B368A289-6C1E-4BC0-B554-77BBA742AEDE.png
    B368A289-6C1E-4BC0-B554-77BBA742AEDE.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 2B420946-6DD5-4FB2-AF9C-07610F4BD3B5.png
    2B420946-6DD5-4FB2-AF9C-07610F4BD3B5.png
    5 MB · Views: 5
Hii, so Ive been having my Budgie for around almost 4 months now, at the pet store they told me he was a guy so I named him Kai. Can someone confirm that he’s actually a guy, and can anyone tell how old he might be? I also bought another bird yesterday but i have no idea about what its gender could be. Can someone let me know its gender and an estimate of its age? Thank you! Here are the pictures:

Kai is the blue one (I know hes older due to his eyes that are no longer fully black) and the green one is the one I barely bought yesterday!
I have 3 and the ole ...”pink feet = female” isn’t true. My pink nosed , pink footed parakeet is definitely a boy because he humps my hand. Then my blue nosed blue footed parakeet is a girl. So I think the best way to tell is how they act. If you can get your fingers under there, of course female will have wider gap.

Attachments

• FF3A2933-2C67-4752-B81B-727D78AAF8F5.jpeg
    FF3A2933-2C67-4752-B81B-727D78AAF8F5.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 3184B731-3455-429E-B8A8-1C934C55AA0E.png
    3184B731-3455-429E-B8A8-1C934C55AA0E.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
I have 3 and the ole ...”pink feet = female” isn’t true. My pink nosed , pink footed parakeet is definitely a boy because he humps my hand. Then my blue nosed blue footed parakeet is a girl. So I think the best way to tell is how they act. If you can get your fingers under there, of course female will have wider gap.
You tell the gender of budgies by the cere color (nose), not the feet. Adult male budgies will have a blue or purple cere. Depending on season and individual, shades vary. Females will range in color, typically pink and brown, but they can also have white or very very pale blue. During mating season a male budgies cere will turn a very dark shade of blue, females a crusty brown.

Female budgies will hump too.

Your blue budgie is male, the yellow in the same picture is female. I can't see the other one's cere enough to tell.

I just bought 2 more! I bought another boy and another girl. I already ordered a bigger cage on amazon too. I’ll have it by Monday/ Tuesday. Will that be a problem? 3 boys and 1 girl?
That will probably cause all the males to fight together over the female but it doesn't always happen I would just keep an eye out just in case so none of the birds hurt each other badly

Back
Top Bottom