PARAKEETS!!!

chickengirl1278

Chirping
Dec 22, 2020
Good Ol' NC
I mean, who doesn't love PARAKEETS, right?

Well, here's a few pictures of my precious babies, Snowy and Avocado (and Pineapple, who sadly passed away recently). Anyone else feel free to rant on and on about parakeets and their ADORABLENESS, or post pictures of your own birbs!

Birbs with genetic feather color mutations or extra floofy birbs would be GREAT, but all birbs are wonderful!

Here's a few pics of Avocado! She's rather shy, very high-strung and is scared easily, but beneath all that she is such a sweet little one! She enjoys listening to music, particularly love songs 🤣 She loves to both give kisses and receive them, and enjoys perching on my finger......

20210425_164916.jpg
20210425_164920.jpg
20210425_164919.jpg

.........or riding around on my shoulder!
20210425_165307.jpg

Here she is with my brother's parakeet, Snowy (aka Avocado's little boyfriend:lau) They're so cute together, and they enjoy preening each other, feeding each other and playing together, as seen by the paper basket I wove for them in the background, as it used to be stuffed full of crinkle paper, but Avocado made quick work of that and Snowy began demolishing the actual basket.
20210414_153739.jpg

And now......a little bit about Pineapple. Here she is with Snowy, before she passed away. Snowy is such a charmer and all the ladies love him, so he and Pineapple always got along well too. Snowy is the happiest birb you will ever meet. He spends the majority of the afternoons singing his little heart out, or as I like to call it, "happy noises." Also found it quite amusing that Pineapple enjoyed heavy metal rather than love songs!
20201224_130100.jpg

Pineapple right after she took a bath in her water bowl! She was so happy afterward despite getting a little chilly from being so wet.
20201112_114849.jpg
20201112_114715.jpg
Last but most certainly not least, is Pineapple's evening floofiness caught on camera! She would always sleep on the little swing in her cage and fluff up right before I sang her little "night-night song" when I would put her to bed.
20201031_222647.jpg
20201031_222637.jpg
20201031_222842.jpg

I know that Pineapple has absolutely horrible wing clipping in the pictures of her :( Sadly the pet store I got her from clips pretty much every primary flight feather they have before selling them. Thankfully Avocado and Snowy were both purchased after Pineapple from a different pet store, where their wings weren't clipped. Yay!

Last edited:
I mean, who doesn't love PARAKEETS, right?

Well, here's a few pictures of my precious babies, Snowy and Avocado (and Pineapple, who sadly passed away recently). Anyone else feel free to rant on and on about parakeets and their ADORABLENESS, or post pictures of your own birbs!

Birbs with genetic feather color mutations or extra floofy birbs would be GREAT, but all birbs are wonderful!

Here's a few pics of Avocado! She's rather shy, very high-strung and is scared easily, but beneath all that she is such a sweet little one! She enjoys listening to music, particularly love songs 🤣 She loves to both give kisses and receive them, and enjoys perching on my finger......

View attachment 2636611View attachment 2636613View attachment 2636595
.........or riding around on my shoulder!
View attachment 2636619
Here she is with my brother's parakeet, Snowy (aka Avocado's little boyfriend:lau) They're so cute together, and they enjoy preening each other, feeding each other and playing together, as seen by the paper basket I wove for them in the background, as it used to be stuffed full of crinkle paper, but Avocado made quick work of that and Snowy began demolishing the actual basket.
View attachment 2636625
And now......a little bit about Pineapple. Here she is with Snowy, before she passed away. Snowy is such a charmer and all the ladies love him, so he and Pineapple always got along well too. Snowy is the happiest birb you will ever meet. He spends the majority of the afternoons singing his little heart out, or as I like to call it, "happy noises." Also found it quite amusing that Pineapple enjoyed heavy metal rather than love songs!
View attachment 2636631
Pineapple right after she took a bath in her water bowl! She was so happy afterward despite getting a little chilly from being so wet.
View attachment 2636632View attachment 2636633Last but most certainly not least, is Pineapple's evening floofiness caught on camera! She would always sleep on the little swing in her cage and fluff up right before I sang her little "night-night song" when I would put her to bed.View attachment 2636634View attachment 2636635View attachment 2636636

I know that Pineapple has absolutely horrible wing clipping in the pictures of her :( Sadly the pet store I got her from clips pretty much every primary flight feather they have before selling them. Thankfully Avocado and Snowy were both purchased after Pineapple from a different pet store, where their wings weren't clipped. Yay!
Wow! Your birds are gorgeous!

B738063C-8224-46B0-8035-AF9A55DD31E0.jpeg

Here is my 5 month old dominant pied opaline sky blue parakeet. His name is Cielo. I just recently got him about 1 and 1/2 weeks ago. He loves to watch videos of himself and he often flies around the room as fast as he can just for the fun of it. we are still working on taming and training. This pic is of a rare moment where he actually didn’t think my hand was going to kill him. ( probably because he was distracted by the treat. It is hard to say…) I actually fully believed that he was a girl until just today when I was told that he is actually a male. So now I have to readjust my pronouns! He is the first sign that my crazy chicken lady condition has progressed and is now spreading to other birds. :weeI JUST WANT THEM ALL!!!!

Attachments

• 964985D2-5D51-4F0E-900B-45AD3F9D8F8F.jpeg
    964985D2-5D51-4F0E-900B-45AD3F9D8F8F.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom