Paralyzed Chicken please help!!!!!

Prize0424333

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 29, 2012
I found my chicken lifeless yesterday, won't eat or drink thought maybe it was coccidiosis so I bought the corcid to treat, but when I went in to syringe it in my babies mouth it started twitched and flopped its head to the side, an acting paralyzed, so after further research I believe that it is from poison...... The new coop they were in is our old shed so I'm thinking maybe the soil is poisoned....,.... So my question is how do I make this poisoned soil safe for my chickens???
Please I need all the help I can get!!!!!!!

If there is poison in the soil, the best thing to do is remove your chickens, or get rid of the soil, if there is poison there, I don't know of any way to 'make it non poisonous' poison is toxic....and kills most animals...How do you know it is poisonous ? How old is the chicken, it may not even be connected, that your chicken is sick...

I don't know what exactly is in the soil, however it has a very musty/ weird smell. I am not sure how old the chicken is I have only had them 4 weeks and they have been in the shed/coop for a week and I have lost 3.... I took them all out after I found this chicken down!

I don't know what exactly is in the soil, however it has a very musty/ weird smell. I am not sure how old the chicken is I have only had them 4 weeks and they have been in the shed/coop for a week and I have lost 3.... I took them all out after I found this chicken down!
Did they all die the same as this one ? Its good that you have removed them, but you hav'nt had them long, it may even be a virus, they are passing on to each other....The fact that you dont know how old they are, could be a number of reasons whats wrong....did you get them from a breeder ?

I got them all from the same person, I didn't notice how the other two acted one time they were fine and one time they were dead, this one now is older then the first two, but still from the same person..... The first two were probably around two months old and in the same coop but separated by chicken wire.... Hoping that its just a disease that I can treat and not the soil but I'm new to this while chicken thing!

I got them all from the same person, I didn't notice how the other two acted one time they were fine and one time they were dead, this one now is older then the first two, but still from the same person..... The first two were probably around two months old and in the same coop but separated by chicken wire.... Hoping that its just a disease that I can treat and not the soil but I'm new to this while chicken thing!
Im really sorry for your loss, but its really difficult to know what the problem could be, dont know how many chickens you have left, but if you have removed them from the soil, well things should be ok, but if they are sick chickens, then you need some sort of anti biotics for them...sorry I dont seem to be much help..feel a bit helpless, without seeing them and knowing all the facts of who gave them to you, people do give sick birds away (Im not suggesting thats what happened) but it something else to think about....
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom