Parent Rant

SmartyChick

An Official Milkmaid
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Sullivan County NY
somad.gif
I AM SO FLIPPIN TIRED OF MY PARENTS FIGHTING ALL THE TIME!!!!!
somad.gif

There, I said it.
My parents have been fighting a lot lately, and I am so angry and sad about it. I feel helpless to do anything.
he.gif

They don't yell or cuss at each other, they just have heated discussions which usually escalate into bickering, which then escalates to fighting. I just want to cry.
hit.gif
They usually fight over, the animals/home improvement/money. Sometimes I feel like I would get rid of all my pets just so they would stop fighting about the money needed to house/care for them.
Sorry for the rant.
sad.png

Maybe you should help them out and try to re-home your pets? Maybe it will make things easier on them money wise....
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Obviously, I don't really know your situation but I think you should tell them how it makes you feel. Short of that, I don't think there's much else you can do. I hope things get better for you.

I grew up with parents that fought ALL the time. There is nothing YOU can do about it no matter how hard you try. You could sit them down and tell them how you feel about it and see what they have to say. Just hang in there and know that one day it will be better.

Raising kids isn't easy. I don't have kids but know my parents go though all kinds of worry over my brother and I. If all your pets are getting expensive and that is one of their bickering points, talk with them and ask them if there is anything you can do to help. Sometimes it is hard, and sometimes your parents may not want to have you give up your animals for their sake because they see how much your enjoy them, but if it may help them out, you might have to take some initiative on your own.

I would suggest asking them if you should get rid of some or all of your animals, because the arguments seem to center around that and you dont want to be the reason why they fight.
That being said, their going to argue whether it's about the animals, the car tires, the roof, lack of overtime at work - ad nauseum. If they do not have the patience to discuss things and find a solution together, it's not going to go away. Remove the animals and it will soon be another topic to argue over.

You asking them however, will let them know that it's bothering you and your willing to sacrifice your pets to make it stop. It may be enough to make them stop and think about their actions.
roll.png

You also need to tell them that the fighting is hurting you. Ask that they fight when you are not around to hear it. And if either one tries to put you in hte middle, tell htem to keep it between themselves--that you don't want to take sides in any way.

Thanks guys, my parents love the animals too, and we bought this cruddy house only because there was paddocks and stables ect... the house just stinks.
hmm.png
My parents love each other, we are just going through a rough time, we move alot and this house is supposed to be the our forever home.
I'll try to talk to them.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom