parrot beak

She needs a rough paving stone in the coop to grind down that beak. Birds will keep their beaks in working order themselves if they have the means to do so.

She said the chick is one month old. I can't see how the little thing manages to eat much with the beak the way it is.

I'm so happy she is still alive, although she still has trouble eating. I've taken heed of the above advice, but an dealing with a more pressing concern right now (I have too many beaks to feed!)

I'm so happy she is still alive, although she still has trouble eating. I've taken heed of the above advice, but an dealing with a more pressing concern right now (I have too many beaks to feed!)
Hello, I was curious how your hen made out? I have an EE with the exact problem, there is very little info on this specifically and I assumed she had crossbeak. Her tumor is so large, the bottom beak is actually curving in on itself(kinda of like when you roll your tounge) and I can't see her tounge anymore. I've tried everything, and I'm losing this battle. She is the same as your hen in every way you mentioned. So outgoing, following me everywhere, riding on my shoulder. I will miss her as I fear she won't last much longer.
Any info you could offer might be helpful, considering your experience. Thanks - Jess

Hello, I was curious how your hen made out? I have an EE with the exact problem, there is very little info on this specifically and I assumed she had crossbeak. Her tumor is so large, the bottom beak is actually curving in on itself(kinda of like when you roll your tounge) and I can't see her tounge anymore. I've tried everything, and I'm losing this battle. She is the same as your hen in every way you mentioned. So outgoing, following me everywhere, riding on my shoulder. I will miss her as I fear she won't last much longer.
Any info you could offer might be helpful, considering your experience. Thanks - Jess
I'm sooo sorry, I haven't seen this post until now. From my memory, the little one passed away (hopefully peacefully!) during the night one day. I do think there was something seriously wrong internally too, and malnutrition definitely weakened her condition...even though I tried so hard to save her. Hopefully yours did better, but these things happen unfortunately 😥😭

Was this ever diagnosed? Have a chick with parrot beak and lump under beak vvat 4 weeks.
No, the little girl passed away in her sleep one day. I don't necessarily know what was wrong with her, but maybe giving her some nutrient dense and anti-inflammatory foods could've helped her. Sprinkle a dash of turmeric powder on some cooked rice and make little balls for her to eat. You can also give her yogurt to support her gut health too! Just make sure she can eat her food (maybe wet the chick starter crumbles to make a paste) so she can get all her proper nutrients still and be able to scoop food into her beak. Don't worry my friend! I pray she can thrive with some TLC. Let me know if you have any more questions. I can send some links to some interesting herbs for chicken health too...
https://bitchinchickens.com/2020/10/29/natural-remedy-turmeric-for-chickens/
https://www.fresheggsdaily.blog/2015/05/spice-up-your-chicken-keeping-for.html?m=1

Back
Top Bottom