Part-time Farmer

Dana Hurst

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 9, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We had a friend give us 8 chickens, his coop, feeder & water pail about March 2017.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We had 8. We think they got taken. No signs of loss of feathers, distress. Got 12 more. Racoons and coyotes got 8, so we are left with 4.

(3) What breeds do you have? Barred Rock

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? A friend

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardener, sewing, bowling, and my 5 year old Grandson

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Born and raised in Oklahoma. married for 37 years, we own a business and have a ball with our 5 year old Grandson.

:welcome

Sorry you've had so many losses, there are a lot of predators that enjoy chickens (and once they find a meal, they'll keep coming back). For some help in keeping your flock safe, here's a link to the Predator & Pest information in the Learning Center:chicken-predators-pests-how-to-protect-treat-your-flock.47659

Best of luck to you!

Welcome to BYC! Make sure to add your location to your profile so it will show up below your avatar. Also check out your state thread to find other local chicken folks.

Feel free to post pics of your coop & girls. We love that sort of thing. If you like to cook, there is a thread right now for a cooking contest, it just started yesterday & ends 2/15/18. I'm not good at that posting link thing. I usual find things using the search forum button.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We had a friend give us 8 chickens, his coop, feeder & water pail about March 2017.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We had 8. We think they got taken. No signs of loss of feathers, distress. Got 12 more. Racoons and coyotes got 8, so we are left with 4.

(3) What breeds do you have? Barred Rock

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? A friend

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardener, sewing, bowling, and my 5 year old Grandson

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Born and raised in Oklahoma. married for 37 years, we own a business and have a ball with our 5 year old Grandson.

I am so sorry of your losses please hardware cloth a favorite two words glad you joined us here at Backyard Chickens I make quilts also

Back
Top Bottom