Partially Blind Chick needs a special home

JodiLynn

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 13, 2012
I have an Easter Egger who hatched out partially blind. I say partially because when the flash on a camera flashes she moves away. I thought she would be a hen but now she has some white on her wings so she could be a rooster. Free to a good home, will also throw in another chick as a friend if desired. Located in clover, SC. Local pickup only.

If only you had posted a little earlier, I was down your way earlier this morning. I hope you find that baby a good home. If no one steps up, I may have to make the trip again. I have a weakness for special needs babies.

Hunter still needs a god home and he comes with his seeing eye silkie (believe she is a pullet).These guys are both very sweet. I have no where to put them that is safe. The majority of my chickens free-range and he would get lost. About 2 weeks ago he flew out of the pen he was in (it was inside a barn) and he managed to find his ay out of the barn. When we noticed him missing it was dark and after 2.5 hours searching I gave up till daylight. Upon daylight I searched again all over the place and then finally went to our horse pasture (about 1/4 mile from barn) to feed. Much to my surprise I saw hunter laying against the hoof of my appaloosa. I just knew she had stepped on and he was hunt. I reached under Popcorn the horse and grabbed him and Popcorn never moved. Hunter was just fine and was sleeping against her foot. She watched over him all night. This guy is so special and he needs more room and attention then I can give him. On a side note his blindness is not genetic, it was a malfunction with the incubator while in lockdown.

I will be in Columbia SC Thursday morning and willing to meet someone who will give these 2 sweeties a good home.

omigosh,if only i lived closer!!!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom