Partition in the Run

tigerbarbd

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 11, 2009
Maryville,Tennessee
Good evening!
smile.png
Well, this week we decided to bring(drag) the "coop" back down the hill to the "Barn coop" run. We have 5 "Hens" in the "Barn coop", and 26 "chicks" in the "coop". The "Hens" are 9 months old and the "chicks" are 8 weeks old. We wanted the big girls to get used to the little girls so we put in a partition fence within the run so they can (hopefully)
roll.png
get used to each other, then we will remove the "partition" , and remove the "coop" , and they all will move in together to the "Barn coop"which is 12' x 12' and share the 28' x 38' covered outside run:lol:. Here are a couple of pics I took today..........Don
20958_december_2009_071.jpg
20958_december_2009_075.jpg

That is a great plan and should work out fine. I do that to a smaller scale, I just set up a "nursery" temporary fenced in section with an old doghouse so they can get out of the rain, but have to move them by hand back and forth to a cage in the coop. I don't have an extra coop.

That is a nice little coop you have there. Did you build it yourself?

Hello Chicken Chat! Yes, we built the "coop". My son and I usually do everything together, and we did think that we might be re-locating it at some time or another, so we built the floor on 4"x4" skids. Then when we want to move it, we just hook up the 'ol 52, and tow it where we want. ..........Don
20958_september_09_025.jpg
20958_september_09_026.jpg
lol.png
cool.png

Should be good, but they will still sort out the pecking order a little when the partition is removed. BTW nice "mobile" coop, is it a tractor hahaha

Back
Top Bottom