Partition in the Run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tigerbarbd, Dec 19, 2009.

1. tigerbarbd

tigerbarbd Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2009
    Maryville,Tennessee
    Good evening![​IMG] Well, this week we decided to bring(drag) the "coop" back down the hill to the "Barn coop" run. We have 5 "Hens" in the "Barn coop", and 26 "chicks" in the "coop". The "Hens" are 9 months old and the "chicks" are 8 weeks old. We wanted the big girls to get used to the little girls so we put in a partition fence within the run so they can (hopefully)[​IMG] get used to each other, then we will remove the "partition" , and remove the "coop" , and they all will move in together to the "Barn coop"which is 12' x 12' and share the 28' x 38' covered outside run:lol:. Here are a couple of pics I took today..........Don[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    That is a great plan and should work out fine. I do that to a smaller scale, I just set up a "nursery" temporary fenced in section with an old doghouse so they can get out of the rain, but have to move them by hand back and forth to a cage in the coop. I don't have an extra coop.

That is a nice little coop you have there. Did you build it yourself?

3. tigerbarbd

tigerbarbd Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2009
    Maryville,Tennessee
    Hello Chicken Chat! Yes, we built the "coop". My son and I usually do everything together, and we did think that we might be re-locating it at some time or another, so we built the floor on 4"x4" skids. Then when we want to move it, we just hook up the 'ol 52, and tow it where we want. ..........Don [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Always good to plan ahead. I think the younger ones will really like your big barn accomodations when they finally move in.

5. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    looks and sounds good.
    [​IMG]

6. hankus

hankus Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2009
    Should be good, but they will still sort out the pecking order a little when the partition is removed. BTW nice "mobile" coop, is it a tractor hahaha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by