Partridge -best way to improve pencilling?

my friend has show partridge rocks and I have been trying to get a pic of the penciling since I saw this thread, but I keep on forgetting my camera, running out of time, having the camera and the time, and forgetting to take the photo.... one of these days I will get a good pick and post it. Sorry I have not gotten around to it yet.

Sorry it took me so long to get back with pics, I have been busy this week. Anyhow, here is one of her hens, from a top show breeder in the area. I don't know good from bad, but this looks like a good bird to me. She also has a silver penciled pair that looks good. Too bad the pic came out blurry, the penciling is nice in real life, but it was getting dark and she did not like me sticking a camea in her face.
partridgerock.jpg

partridgerockprofile.jpg

silverpenciledrock.jpg

Quote:
That bird has EXcellent pencilling, that's what I need to move in here. I have one that is not quite that good and the other hens further away from it than that on down to... I'm gonna have to sell a couple of them once I raise replacements. Getting showblood is like trying to buy hen's teeth in Partridge Rocks.

Moving in silver pencilled birds really complicates the genepool silver mucks the works and creates additional generations to get back to gold partridge. I've got one shot for show PRs this year now that Dick Horstman says he's sold out for the year. And that's Joel G and I have to call him this week.

After that I may check strombergs if Joel hasn't got any and doesn't know anyone who does.

I'm going to keep trying. This silly assed project will get there.

Ask your friend ifshe'll sell eggs... I'll hatch if I have to to get it done.

Back
Top Bottom