Partridge Cochin - 4 weeks old - pullet or cockerel?

MadHens

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 26, 2012
RI
I posted this in another section and realized I should have posted this here, so I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules. Anyway, I have a partridge cochin that is 4 weeks old. I requested a female (from My Pet Chicken) but I know they don't guarantee 100% accuracy. It was supposed to be a white cochin but they gave me the wrong color. Now I'm wondering if they gave me the wrong sex too :( MPC has refunded me the cost of the chick for the color error, BTW, so I do appreciate that. Behavior-wise, this chick is the most skittish of all 6 of my chicks, but I have 5 different breeds and only one cochin, so I don't have anything similar to compare it to. What do you think? As you can see by the pictures, the feathering has been verrrrry slow.

hmmm.... Looks like it could be a boy because of the comb growth but I would wait a little longer. If the comb becomes flamming red then it is probably a boy. If it stays this color you hopefully have a girl! :)

I know I'm SUPER late but I'm sure you know what it is now. I thought my partridge cochin may be a boy also, suppose to be a she. I was provided good info that determines Olive is a she. She will be 4 weeks old by the end of tomorrow. Her comb concerned me, but I doubt it will grow to the size of your's over night. Here is the link to the thread I posted about her, hope you find it helpful. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/804899/partridge-cochin-gender#post_11650740

Back
Top Bottom