Partridge/Golden Brahma Recognition

sterlingdove

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 13, 2012
Hey Everybody,

I’ve joined the American Brahma Club, got my manual and have ordered a copy of the Standard of Perfection. Now it’s time to get to work. I’m starting this thread in hopes of reaching breeders of ‘Golden Brahmas’. I’ll also be putting this thread out to other poultry forums as I find them or are made aware of them.

By Golden Brahma I mean the Partridge Brahma that’s been touted by Brahma breeders but actually isn’t. Partridge is a color pattern well defined in the Standard of Perfection. The current crop of Partridge Brahmas doesn’t meet that description. Their coloration is more golden than red/mahogany in the standard. The golden coloration breeds true and is a beautiful bird in its own right. I used the term ‘Golden Brahma’ to stay within the accepted parameters for naming Brahma types and hopefully not excluding the future development of either a solid gold Brahma or a true Partridge Brahma.

I’d like to put some serious effort into identifying and organizing the breeders of Golden Brahmas so we can take the steps necessary to have the ‘Golden Brahma’ recognized by the American Poultry Association. I’m willing to handle the administrative effort required by this undertaking if the breeders will be willing to provide me with the information needed to do it.

The first thing that would be required is forming a contact list of all breeders of the ‘Golden Brahma’. I would need names, addresses, phone numbers, and emails. Email addresses would be extremely important since it’s the fastest and easiest way to keep everyone informed as to the progress of this effort.

Secondly, we will have to come up with a description of the ‘Golden Brahma’ that everyone can agree upon and that is acceptable to the American Brahma Club. This won’t be easy since everyone will have their own opinion of how the ‘type’ should be described. However, it can be done and needs to be done if this effort is ever going to produce results.

Thirdly, everyone who has been raising/breeding ‘Golden Brahmas’ for five years or more needs to complete a Breeders Certificate. These documents need to be submitted with the application for inclusion to the American Poultry Association in order to substantiate the claim that the “Golden Brahma’ is recognizable and reproducible new variety of Brahma Poultry. I can email an MSWord blank of this document that you could complete, print, and mail back to me.

Thanks for you interest in this effort and let’s get started.

Tony Phillippe
[email protected]

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom