Partridge Olive Egger

Yoda is now over 2 months old
20170703_072812.jpg

Oh, Yoda is so cute!! Here is my Olivia, just a little younger than yours. It doesn't show so much in the pic but she has green legs. She is starting to get friendlier now. She was pretty skittish at first. Is Yoda friendly? The Swedish Flower Hen behind her jumps into my lap when I visit the coop. Thanks for the update! Let's keep it up. :)
olive2.jpg

Yes, both are part CCL and I think the partridge part came from a Welsummer on mine. I'm not sure with Yoda. It's interesting to see the different mixes. I'm hoping for army green eggs. It'll be fun to touch base when they start laying.

Here is Olivia at 4+ months now. She has very distinctive white earlobes, is smaller than the other breeds in the flock, and shy but getting sweeter. I think she's part penedesenca and part cream legbar.

I'd love to see your partridge olive egger. How is Yoda, Ajahartman?
upload_2017-9-9_9-20-42.png

Last edited:
IMG_20170720_070959_418.jpg
Yoda is almost 5 months and old. Her size and personality sound just like Olivia's. Yoda's ears are kind of an iridescent mint green. Her comb has gotten really red lately and I saw her squat for one of my other adult hens, so maybe an egg soon. Olivia's crest looks a little fluffier then Yoda's, I love it!

Attachments

• 20170911_085253.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20170911_085253.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Oh, she is a beauty for sure! It's nice to see some comparisons.

Here's Olivia's first egg just laid today!! I think it's a beautiful color for a little pullet egg. I was so shocked that she layed one this early, not quite 5 months yet, although most of the girls have been squatting lately. I'm sure Yoda's first egg will be coming soon, too. Can't wait to see it! :)
olivia's egg.PNG

I just ordered a partridge olive egger minutes ago from MPC! (It must have been a cancellation because they're always sold out.) I'm so excited. The lady I talked to was very knowledgeable about all the other birds I ordered except for her, although she did say that some of her coworkers have them and like them very much. It's just such a new breed. If anyone has one, I would be very interested to hear about their personalities, etc.
What is mpc?

CEB17D21-6B16-47C0-B77D-BDBC4F16FA3F.jpeg 40F0ED69-C03F-4C12-A509-8F1BC53EE3D7.jpeg

I have a partridge olive egger from MPC too! It has been hard for me to find info about this cross. I am so interested to figure out what her breeding is. She doesn’t have the cute fluffy feather hat that yours do on this post. Hoping that she lays a pretty olive egg after a few more months! She is 14 weeks old now. (Sorry not great pictures...)

Back
Top Bottom