Partridge Rock Bantams

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CluckyJay, Jun 12, 2011.

1. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Does anyone on BYC breed partridge rock bantams? My son has a little rooster and he is so very tiny. I would love to eventually buy hatching eggs to build a small flock.

This is the sweetest rooster, ever. He is so much like a little puppy dog. All the other chickens hate poor Chocolate, lol.

He is fully feathered and almost 4 months old. When will he get his colorful adult plumage?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  2. CluckyJay

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Anyone? I am having a hard time finding information on them. I don't know if I am searching the wrong terms or what, lol.

3. CluckyJay

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Chocolate at 4 months old. This is the slowest growing chicken I have ever had. Its the same age and is still smaller than the sebrights. [​IMG] lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Awe how cute.
    I don't know on the where to find question though as I do not know anyone with that breed.

5. CluckyJay

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    I think they may be very unpopular, lol. I guess I will end up buying some from a hatchery after all, lol. Wonder what else breeds I should mix in there. I can't afford 25 nearly 4.00 chickens, LOL.

6. Chookies321

Chookies321 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    We have Patridge Rock Bantams. Don't know why they aren't more popular. They are sweet little birds. Good flyers though. Can be a good thing, when being chased by a cat. Not so much when they don't want to stay put somewhere. Good layers. Awesome mamas!
    One of the sweetest Roos on earth! We started with three girls, and our roo Fred. Lost one girl to a fox...GRrrr, but between the two girls, we have seven littles. Oops, six, the seventh is a donated chicken egg that hatched, a who knows what chicken, but mama is raising him too.
    He is amazing! Lets the older chick ride on his back at bedtime. Sweet and respectful of his humans and girls.[​IMG]

7. Chookies321

Jun 15, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Our roo Fred is a sweetie too! He really was coming into his own by 6-7 months. Now he is going into mid summer and replacing feathers already, so he isn't looking quite as sexy...

8. Chookies321

Jun 15, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Okay. I'm confused.
    We have Partridge Rock Bantams.
    There are Plymoth Rock Partrdge Bantams listed at the fall fairs.
    What is the difference?
    Anyone????

9. Chookies321

Jun 15, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Never mind. Found out our chickens are known as Plymoth Rock Bantams. Partridge. Refers to the colour.
    A lot of people drop the Plymoth....just calling them rocks.
    Ohhhhhh......
    Well, Fred our Roo did well on the weekend. Won his class! yay! My daughter showed him, he was picked for his colours, his temperament, and how beautifully kept he is. Looks like a well loved. Yup.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by