1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Partridge Rocks and Egglaying...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lovin'mychicks, Jan 5, 2010.

1. lovin'mychicks

lovin'mychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Central Alabama
    Anyone have partridge rocks that could testify to their egglaying habits?? Are they similar to other rocks? We are considering adding some to our flock this spring. We like the look , but I want the eggies!! I have read they are very broodie which is fine. I check my eggs twice per day and I let some sit at times. Can't wait to hear what you have to say! If they are not good egg layers, we might go with the bantam variety just for looks!

2. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    I have 2 PR girls and they lay as regularly as my BRs...eggs are a bit larger too

3. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Prs are all I have. Yesterday with it snowing we got 11 eggs. I have now 21 pullets one is in moult and I know 15 are laying. They have not let me down with this cold weather at all. Our temps are in the low 20's to high single digits at night right now. The free range even in this weather. I have pics of mine on their blog when we last had snow and let them out of coop. Those only show them going to food dish but they have been alot father than that here at the house with snow on the ground. The blog documents them from day one when I got them. hubby is so happy with them he is expanding the coop so when they hatch their own we have enough room.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by