Partridge Rocks and Egglaying...

lovin'mychicks

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Central Alabama
Anyone have partridge rocks that could testify to their egglaying habits?? Are they similar to other rocks? We are considering adding some to our flock this spring. We like the look , but I want the eggies!! I have read they are very broodie which is fine. I check my eggs twice per day and I let some sit at times. Can't wait to hear what you have to say! If they are not good egg layers, we might go with the bantam variety just for looks!

Prs are all I have. Yesterday with it snowing we got 11 eggs. I have now 21 pullets one is in moult and I know 15 are laying. They have not let me down with this cold weather at all. Our temps are in the low 20's to high single digits at night right now. The free range even in this weather. I have pics of mine on their blog when we last had snow and let them out of coop. Those only show them going to food dish but they have been alot father than that here at the house with snow on the ground. The blog documents them from day one when I got them. hubby is so happy with them he is expanding the coop so when they hatch their own we have enough room.

Back
Top Bottom