Partridge Rocks?

farmgirlsomeday

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 23, 2014
I have a new baby Partridge Rock chick that I brought home from Tractor Supply. I don't know yet whether "Anabel" is a he or a she; I'm hoping very much it's a pullet.

I can't find much info online about Partridge Rocks, so I'd love to hear from some of you who have this breed. How is their egg production compared to a Barred or White Rock? Is their body shape basically the same as these other Rock color varieties? How about personality? Would you recommend this breed for a backyard flock?

Here's a picture of Anabel. Isn't she/he adorable?

Oh yes! I have three other baby chicks and two ducklings. They're all being raised tigether by the same broody Silkie hen. Here's a photo.

I notice that in the "reviews" section of BYC, the commenters with Partridge Rocks consistently describe them as flighty and skittish around people. Has that been the experience of others raising this beautiful breed?

I've had white, partridge and barred rocks and none were what I would consider flighty or skittish. If you want a skittish bird, I can certainly show you some.

As much as I like this site and all the wonderful things it has to offer, I don't give the breed reviews section much credibility. After all, they've sometimes been written by someone that's had birds for a year.
What's the expression? "One man's trash is another man's treasure."
"One BYCers flighty is another BYCers calm."

Back
Top Bottom