Partridge Silkie Rooster questions??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jeevesrules, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Jeevesrules

Jeevesrules Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Otley, Leeds, England
    Ok, i bought a partridge silkie when he was 15 weeks old thinking he was a she... he is now an obvious boy but is yet to start crowing and mounting and doing rooster stuff! all he does is wander around at the bottom of the hierarchy, and gets a little bullied by one of the hens... will he ever take charge and be a dominant boy?? any answers and greatly appreciated [​IMG] thank you!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chickenbaguette

chickenbaguette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Likely he'll try harder and harder as he grows up... he might never succeed, but then he may [​IMG] Depends if he's smaller than the others.

3. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Same with mine. It took almost a year and introducing another rooster to get him to crow, and I have yet to see him mate. silkies just take longer to mature, that's all. [​IMG]

4. Jeevesrules

Jeevesrules Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Otley, Leeds, England
    Hes around the same as most of them, but one of those ones smaller than him is bullying him [​IMG] I'm hoping his instincts will take over and he'll take charge

5. I know this is late, but mine was crowing before he was 3 months. My two male sultans were crowing sooner.............

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by