Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Definitely partridge! Usually around 10-12 weeks we can give a good guess on gender
wink.png

I need some input on the cha cha gene. How valuable is the cha cha gene genetically? And is it allowed in the SOP? Thanks.

Last edited:
My Silkie roo, I have no one to breed him to so not sure I will be keeping him.
Not sure why he is being so camera shy!

You got some fair pics. I have to take about 10 or more shots to get one good pose. My 2 Silkies run up for treats in my hand but run from a camera in my hands. I have to snap several shots in one position before they calm down.

However, our Breda came right up to the camera and looked right into the lens. Breda are so much easier to photograph for me.

is this a silver partridge? I got two from my white silkie roo over my buff hen
day old
almost a month old now

I'm not sure, but I think silver partridge is what they call "grey" . I think they look to be a medium or dark grey color with chipmunk stripes down their back as chicks.

What I am sure of is that breeding anything to white is pretty unpredictable unless you know what genes are hiding behind the white.

The hen on the left is the mother of all of the other silkies in each of these pics (including the 2 on the right of this first pic lol). The Cock I used is a dark porcelain color.

I know this pic is blurry, but I posted it so you can more or less see the colors of the youngsters.

Sorry about the baby photo bombing, but it's also from the same white mom and porcelain dad lol. I';ve hatched quite a few of their babies trying to get a decent looking boy with similar color, but the boys have all been kind of bleh. I am liking the girls though
smile.png

Okay guys. Which if these look like pullets? How am I supposed to tell the difference between them? They are 10 weeks old and partridge. Are the females the lighter ones? How about the first one: the darker one? These are partridge, right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom