Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

This is one of my girls. I love her so much but I can't come up with a name for her

Pennie the pretty penciled partridge LOL ;) lovely girl!

This is one of my girls. I love her so much but I can't come up with a name for her

Your girl will do or cluck at something that will give you an idea what to name her. Our Partridge is very dainty and shy and sweet compared to the others, sort of a shrinking violet, so we named her "Violet" when she was 6-months. She won't pose for photos like the others and shyly runs away when she sees the camera. Today she is our longest-living chicken.

Oh, no! Camera! Run! Run away, Violet!

The rooster on the left is 18 months old and weighs 39 ounces. The cockerel on the right is 7 months old and weighs 62 ounces. I'm not sure exactly how THAT came to happen. All the other boys have been normal sized with the largest weighing in at 42 ounces.

The rooster on the left is 18 months old and weighs 39 ounces. The cockerel on the right is 7 months old and weighs 62 ounces. I'm not sure exactly how THAT came to happen. All the other boys have been normal sized with the largest weighing in at 42 ounces.

There are large fowl Silkies in the world -- maybe his hidden LF genes took over? They're real cuties!!

Back
Top Bottom